Friday, October 25, 2013

waiheke island

Waiheke Island was a beautiful surprise.  I had heard it was lovely to visit and it was more than that.  it is a 30 minute ferry ride from downtown Auckland.  The island is home to some of New Zealand's worldclass wineries and some very beautifulmega-homes.  Here are some views of the ferry ride.

So once I landed I was going to walk around but then . Spotted a bike rental shop so decided to rent a bike.  Brave since I havent ridden a bike in years.  But the rental guide rassured me there were few cars but to ride on the right side,  or was that left?? Oh well I survive.
Arriving at the harbour
Check out this link for a few more photos of my day on the island.


1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you'll be buying a bike soon....you can ride all year round in NZ, no?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete